Cedar Creek Bridge
Built in 1883 by Benton James and measuring 76 feet long. - It is the only bridge open to vehicle traffic and was built over Cedar Creek just north of Winterset. In 1921 Cedar Bridge was moved to it's present location in a small city park on the NE corner of town. - In the novel, The Bridges of Madison County, Francesca goes to meet Robert Kincaid to help him take photographs.
Back to Album